Happy thanksgiving to you, my American readers. Despite not personally celebrating this holiday that always seems to linger on the peripheral of my understanding, many an important person in my life does. So, in light of this, I decided to celebrate by writing down twenty-five things I’m grateful for, one for each wonderful birthday.
25 Things I’m Grateful For At 25
- My family, for being ever wonderful.
- Chad, who I don’t know where I’d be without.
- My friends; past, present and future, whom I feel so lucky to have.
- Saturday mornings, when the entire day is still ahead of me.
- Cold walks along paths paved with crispy autumn leaves.
- A warm cup of tea, anytime, anywhere.
- Books, for feeding my imagination.
- My blog, for keeping me sane when I feel very much the opposite.
- Chads delicious cooking, for without it I would be living off of toast.
- Japanese convenient stores, for last minute work lunch.
- The silence when you just wake up that drags on forever.
- Feeling a warm body beside me in the morning and knowing I’m not alone.
- Music, without which I don’t even know where I’d be.
- Words, writing, the ability to put pen to paper; I love you.
- Instagram, for letting me see the faces of the people I love every day despite being thousands of miles away.
- Letters, for allowing me to carry around a fractal of a soul of the people I love.
- Our warm apartment, the first to share with my love and the first I have loved.
- My students, for making me smile on days when living is hard.
- My blogger friends, thank you for your motivation and kindness.
- Shared memories, for bringing people together no matter the distance.
- Flowers and Fauna, you make the world a much more beautiful place.
- Chilly winds that make me feel alive.
- The sun kissing my skin, it’s lingering warmth.
- My heritage. Wales, you may be a small country, one often overlooked, but the love I feel for you is immense.
- Being alive. For despite all the bad, there is so much more good and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Tell me, what ar you grateful for? Let me know in the comment section below, I would love to know!