Gwennan always seems to have the most fun tags going! While I was having a casual peruse of her website, I came across this beauty, and with nothing better to do now that piles of English notebooks have been marked, I decided to have some fun and give this blogger tag a try. I tag anyone who wants to give this fun blogger tag a go, just don’t forget to message me so I can read your wonderful answers!
1. How Tall Are You? I am 5ft7 ½, I think? I’ve always been tall. I was pretty much like a giraffe in school, and my primary boyfriend used to come up to my shoulder. We used to hold hands walking to swimming, it was kinda cute but more awkward than anything.
2. Do You Have A Hidden Talent? If So, What? Ummm, I can sing classical and operatic music? Up until a few years ago, I sang classical and operatic music in concerts and weddings and even a funeral once. I really miss singing, I just have no time for it right now. Though I hope that when I move back to the UK I can take it up again. Oh, and I can do a really strange voice of a snail character I made up. It’s weird and it creeps my friends out, I love it.
3. What’s Your Biggest Blog-Related Pet Peeve? To be honest, I’m not really sure. Perhaps the importance of social media as opposed to actual writing. I enjoy writing and I think I’m kinda good at it, but when it comes to social media and what not I just don’t have the money, time or talent for it and I feel like this affects, to an extent, how popular my blog is.
4. What’s Your Biggest Non-Blog Related Pet Peeve? Chad will attest to this. I really hate it when clothes are left beside the dirty clothes basket instead of in it. It’s right there!! I also hate watching people clean their teeth and feel nauseous when people walk around doing it in front of me. Teachers here in Japan clean their teeth after lunch, and one teacher who sits next to me always talks to me when she’s doing it. I do my best not to walk away.
5. What’s Your Favourite Song? This honestly changes, and my favourite song is never constant. As for right now, I am madly in love with Cleopatra by The Lumineers, and you guys need to check out their new album, it is amazing! I also really love Play That Song by Train, it’s the perfect song to get me in a good mood. I also really love a song called ‘Adra’ by a welsh singer called Gwyneth Glyn, that song never makes my heart sing. I also love Spring by Vivaldi when I’m stressed and the score to Swan Lake when I’m working.
6. What’s Your Favourite Social Media Website? Instagram all the way. Despite my own frustration at my lack of theme and talent at creating one, I could spend hours looking at everyone’s beautiful photographs and sometimes get a little too lost in it.
7. What’s Your Favourite Way To Spend Your Free Time When You’re Alone? The first thing I like to do when I have a few precious hours of me time is taking a nice shower, remove my makeup and jump into my pyjamas. I then spend my time drinking tea, writing, watching whatever show I’m into and have fun with a creative project. Right now I’m practising my calligraphy and I’m having a lot of fun with it. I also love to read when I have some quiet time to myself. Oh, and eat. All I do is eat, for now, and forever.
8. What’s Your Favourite Junk Food? Biscuits. I could eat biscuits from now until forever and I would not get bored of them. I also love Lucky Charms, which I am fully aware is a ‘cereal’, but let’s get real guys, it’s just a desert you add milk too and call it breakfast. I also love these chocolate pie snacks you can get here in Japan. Chad always guys them for me when I’m on my period, they cheer me up every time.
9. Do You Have A Pet Or Pets? If So, What Kind And What Are Their Names? Sadly, Chad and I don’t have any pets in our little family, though we are desperate for a Corgi. My grandparents (who raised me), however, have a beautiful, dopey dog called Finn. He is honestly the sweetest creature who thinks he is a lot smaller than he is. My mam also recently adopted two cats called Sassy and Lucky. Sassy, what a great name for a cat. And my dad has chickens, a million ferrets, a horse called Eckles and two dogs called Tegan and….something? Oh and I think he has a cat called dotty? Why am I now only realising he has so many animals?
10. What’s Your Favourite Fiction And Non-Fiction Books? Now you’re asking something. Well, just last year I read ‘The Ice Twins’ and, forgive the pun, it made my blood run cold. I loved the book so much and would 110% recommend. I also love the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series. I grew up with these books and they are so detailed it’s like you’re actually there. I also really really enjoyed Philip Pullman’s, His Dark Materials. Notable mentions are The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, I’ve read it like five times, Frankenstein By Mary Shelley and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide by Robert Louis Stevenson.
11. What’s Your Favourite Beauty Product Or Tool? Ultrabland facial cleanser by LUSH. This is the best makeup remover product I have ever tried. It leaves my face fresh and clean and ugh! No words can describe how much I love it. I also really really love the NAKED concealer by Urban Decay, that bad boy covers everything. To be honest, I love anything by Urban Decay, let’s just leave it at that before you have a list two miles long.
12. When Were You Last Embarrassed? What Happened? I live in a bubble of embarrassment, so I can’t remember when I was last embarrassed, but when I was in year 7, I fancied the pants off of this boy in my class. We were all doing sports outside, and when I was running a race I decided to glance at him across the field as I was crossing the line. I slipped on my ass, fell in the mud and set there trying to laugh it off. He saw. It was mortifying.
13. If You Could Only Drink One Beverage (Besides Water) For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would It Be? Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.Tea.
14. What’s Your Favourite Movie? Oh gosh, I don’t know. I really don’t! Ummm, Eat pray Love always cheers me up when I’m feeling down? And while it’s not a movie, The BBC version of Pride and Prejudice is one of the bests things to ever be created?
15. What Was Your Favourite Lesson In School And Why? English. I loved English so much, it was never dull and I always found myself wanting to know more. It was one of the things I was good at. I already really enjoyed RE for the debates we would have about morals. I also liked German and Biology. Art was always a big love of mine, music was okay too. I also took Psychology for A level and that probably sits with English as my favourite school subjects.
16. If You Could Live Anywhere In The World, Where Would You Live? Honestly, I have no idea. Right now I find myself torn between Wales and Canada. I just want to live somewhere that speaks to me. Somewhere with rivers and mountains and trees. Somewhere lyrical. If I had to choose somewhere completely foreign, I would have to say one of the nordic countries. I would love to spend some time in Norway or Iceland and live in a small village and just spend a year of my life in peace and quiet.
17. PC Or Mac? Sorry guys, it’s got to be MAC. While I appreciate what PC’s have done for me in the past, getting my first MAC was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I honestly love it so much. It’s a lot more organised and clean. It does have a low memory and no CD drive, which is a little annoying, though.
18. Last Romantic Gesture From A Crush, Date, Boy/Girlfriend, Spouse? (Or Kind Gesture From A Friend) This is a tough one. I guess just the small things Chad does for me. He helps me with my OCD and comes to meet when me when I’m scared to walk home in the dark. Yesterday he waited 15 minutes in the cold to meet me on the same tram so we could walk home together, that was pretty sweet. He also makes my work lunch every day because I’m shit at cooking and he is the master.
19. Favourite Celebrity? If I’m honest, I’m not very big into the celebrity sphere. I do like Rachel Mcadams though, I love all of her films and thinks she’s pretty damn cool. Also, Meryl Streep because that woman is pretty damn great. OH! And Ryan Reynolds because his tweets are great.
20. What Blogger Do You Secretly Want To Be Best Friends With? Everyone. Living in such a weird time zone like Japan’s, it’s really hard to make friends with people. So guys, please message me on twitter or something, or in the comments and let’s chat okay!
21. Who Is Your Biggest Inspiration? Oh man! This is rough. I love every blogger I follow for different reasons. I really love Gemma’s ability to blog every day over on Dorkface. Like, you go girl! I really love how honestly Nicole is on her blog, and I’m trying to be more honest too. I have to say, though, Rae’s blog, Love From Berlin has been a constant source of inspiration since day one. I love her style and she has such an eclectic selection of topics there’s something for everyone.
22. What Is Your Favourite Blog To Read? My favourite blog to read is The Salty Sea. Sarahs pictures are breathtaking and I love how in depth she goes with her feelings. It’s such a treat to read and I’m always excited to see her next blog post.
23. What Is Your Favourite High Street Shop? New Look, for now until forever.
24. Are You In Education Or Do You Work? I’m currently working in Nagasaki, as an ALT. It’s pretty cool and my students are fun. I am actually, however, in the process of applying for my MA, since I will be leaving Japan in the summer. Scary things!